The human foot is the part of our body that bears most of our weight, so it’s not unlikely that you’ll suffer from foot pain or be diagnosed with a foot injury at some point in your life. If you’re currently experiencing sore feet or tense foot muscles, our foot doctor in Bayfield, CO, suggests these exercises that you can do from the comfort and privacy of your own desk.
- Toe Lifts – While sitting comfortably with your feet firmly flat on the floor, lift your big toe off the ground and then lower it down. Next, lift and lower your pointer toe, then your middle toe, your ring toe and finally your pinky toe – each one one at a time. Then reverse the direction and do several reps.
- Toe Curls – Place a towel under your foot or under both feet. Grip the towel with your toes and raise it up off the ground and hold for five to 10 seconds. Lower it and then repeat several reps.
- Alternate Method – Marbles – Place a number of marbles below your feet, with your toes, pick up one at a time and place it in a bowl.
- Raised Plantar Flexion – Raise your feet off the ground and lock your knees and extend your feet straight in front of you. Flex your feet back towards you as far as you are able while holding them up, then flex them forward as far as you’re able and hold for five to ten seconds. Repeat for five to 10 reps.
- Perform a Ball Roll Massage – This is a great message technique recommend by our Bayfield foot doctor. Place a tennis, across or golf ball under your foot. Roll the ball along the bottom of your foot from the ball of your foot to the heel and then back again. Further, you may move the ball under your foot in a circular motion to increase the efficacy of the massage.
Our top-rated foot doctor in Bayfield, CO, is here to help! If you experiencing foot soreness or pain of any kind, call us or request an appointment at one of our convenient podiatry offices.
This information is not meant as medical advice. It is provided solely for education. Our Bayfield podiatry offices would be pleased to discuss your unique circumstances and needs as they relate to these topics.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO EARNING THE TRUST
OF OUR PATIENTS, COMMUNITY, AND PROFESSION.
For uncompromising excellence, our foot doctors can start helping you in several ways.